Thursday 29 January 2009

British Grenadier markers

As I slowly limber up for the first game of British Grenadier at my local club I thought it was about time to do some markers. I'd seen various threads on the GdeB Forums about different approaches and also Giles's recent post on his blog. I decided to try a couple of approaches and have markers with either 1, 2 or 3 'items' on them. I'm not sure on using one marker and using whichever side is in contact to determine the value. Too many opportunities for it to get knocked out of alignment. So I tried the cairn and the grass patch approach. Corners of markers clipped to betray my ASL background!


Not sure if they'll be too 'visible' but got to be better than any plastic markers. These are currently for DP markers only. For casualties I can't decide on using a roster or doing casualty markers on triangles as Paul Marsh suggested to me.

Will post some more when done and also when in use.

1 comment:

Paul Marsh said...

Nice markers!
The triangular ones I mentioned, with a (Freikorps)casualty figure, I use for DP's as these also represent low level casualties. Actual casualties are recorded on a roster which reduces clutter on the table. On the roster I also put the orders as these usually specify an objective terrain feature or enemy battalion.
I hope to see pics soon of your first game. Good luck
Paul