Tuesday 28 October 2008

71st Higlanders - 1st Battalion

Seeing as I've been busy basing for days I though I'd post something just to get things moving. Just decided to take a quick shot of them with the old camera and it seemed to come out OK colour-wise. So I though I'd try with a white background but that just turned the whole image a red-brown so I obviously have to idea on lighting! So here's the original anyway...

Figures are Polly Oliver and are:

Highlanders

AR 28 Marching
ARC 4 Command - officer, drummer, standard bearer.

I don't have enough of the marching figures to do the second battalion. And I don't have enough of the charging figures either. And I don't have enough to quite do a charging front rank and marching second! So if anyone has any of the marching figures going I'd be interested!

At 1:10 the unit is slightly over strength (for Cowpens) but been looking at the OOBs for Charlestown etc. and the unit strength was much larger, although maybe the totals there included the flank companies?

Will paint up some Grenadiers for them anyway and some Lights as well. Have a reference that the 71st Light Infantry waistcoats were white rather then red?

Flags were Cotton Jims Flags which came with the batch of painted figures I bought recently. They are pretty average printed flags but I touched them up a bit and mounted them with a sheet of foil in between to give a bit of 'shape'. Not too bad as usually my flags are crap!

More to follow, maybe at weekend.

1 comment:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

You're 15's look wayyy better than my 25mm version..! :o))

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EkwLNxL4tkE/SQeCSYR_AyI/AAAAAAAAB2U/DBsak8wfUBA/s1600-h/P1010011.JPG