Monday 15 September 2008

More books added to collection...

Just took delivery of:

McGuire, Thomas J. (2007). The Philadelphia Campaign: Vol. 1. Brandywine and the Fall of Philadelphia. Stackpole Books.

McGuire, Thomas J. (2007). The Philadelphia Campaign: Vol. 2. Germantown and the Roads to Valley Forge. Stackpole Books.

Wilson, David K. (2008).The Southern Strategy: Britain's Conquest of South Carolina and Georgia, 1775-1780. University of South Carolina Press

and will be getting my copy of:

Ewald, Johann von. (1971).Diary of the American War: A Hessian Journal. New Haven Yale University Press.

back soon.

Also looking at picking up the Encyclopedia of Uniforms of the American Revolution as well soon. I've heard different opinions of it but it looks worth a look. And also the Troiani book on the American Revolution as well.

Volume 1 of McGuire will be my reading matter on our little holiday coming up later this week. If I get chance to read!

2 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Hmm... I'm tempted by the new Encyclopedia as well, though the "button counters" were doing it a dis-service on TMP... it was on the Caliver stand at Colours and I was tempted, but I'd already spent my pennies on the new Asquith Sudan tome.. maybe Warfare, be interested in your views if you buy it though.

PS. With your interest in Cowpens, have you seen this??

http://tinyurl.com/5dwp33

Andy McMaster said...

Cheers for the link Steve. I recognise a lot of the Troiani images but there are a lot there I don't recognise.

I'll post some comments on the book when I get it in a week or two.