Saturday 4 April 2009

A Change of heading - so to speak...

When I started this blog it was with the intention of focusing on the Battle of Cowpens and painting up just the units for that. As with all/many wargame projects the focus has shifted as time moves on and as I discover new units I want to paint and new books lead me in new directions.

If I'd really stuck to Cowpens I'd like to have done something similar to this investigation into the battle. There is some excellent research and information here so if you've ended up here looking for Cowpens I can fully recommend a visit to the miniawi blog.

So where am I heading? I've a feeling to Guilford. I've just finished Long, Obstinate, and Bloody: The Battle of Guilford Courthouse by Howard and Babits and can highly recommend it. I've even finally started undercoating the figures for the British Guards and it is likely to be the next game of British Grenadier we play at the club.

And as I've read more and seen more of what people are doing with the AWI in miniature I want to up the stakes a bit and redo some of my earlier figures. I've got 40 Continental painted up as 1st New York in pretty standard uniforms and I want to paint up some more irregular guys and make two more 'campaign' like units.

And I've got some redoubts coming to be painted and I have trees to start making up decent scenery so all in all it should/could be a busy year. Life, work, wife and kids permitting!

So I've redone the header image above and now to go make a start...

Andy

1 comment:

AD said...

Thank you for the kind comment. I looking forward to moving beyond Cowpens myself, but I doubt that my project will be complete before the end of May. I haven't made up my mind as to what I'll do afterwards. I can promise you, however, that I won't start blogging about Guilford Courthouse.